Hi!

--The WELCOME message board. Introduce yourself here and meet the other Koontz fans for the first time. Carpe Koontz, my friends.

Hi!

Postby shewillbeloved on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi everyone! Just discovered this forum today. :hithere: My name is Denise and I live in Southern California. I'm a long time fan of Dean Koontz - picked up my first book of his, The Funhouse, when I was in high school - about 15 years old. I absolutely loved it and have been hooked ever since. I love that many of his books are set in SoCal as well since I'm familiar with the areas he speaks of! I currently own 19 Koontz books (but have read many, many more) and am working on building up my collection. My all time favorite is Life Expectancy and other favorites include Relentless, the Christopher Snow books, Strangers, From The Corner Of His Eye, well, I could go on, but those are probably my top six. Lol! Can't wait to meet everyone. :)
"Teach us to care and not to care
Teach us to sit still."
-T.S. Eliot
shewillbeloved
Koontz Fan

Re: Hi!

Postby kokoschka on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:38 am

Welcome to the DKC Denise, hope you enjoy your stay.
Sometimes there is no darker place than our own thoughts: the moonless midnight of the mind.

What will you find behind the door that is one door away from Heaven?
kokoschka
Koontz fan since 1988.
Koontz-phile

Medals: 3
Koontz Link Post 2nd Degree (1) Koontz Research Level 3 (1) Newbie Mentor Level 1 (1)

Postby dnurse on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:56 am

Hi Denise. Welcome to the forum!
I am inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with darkbound Snow and Odd adventures.
dnurse
Guru

Medals: 4
Koontz Link Post 2nd Degree (1) Koontz Research Level 1 (1) Koontz Research Level 2 (1)
Koontz Interview Post Level 1 (1)

Postby shewillbeloved on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:37 am

kokoschka wrote:Welcome to the DKC Denise, hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you! :)
Teach us to sit still."
-T.S. Eliot
shewillbeloved
Koontz Fan

Postby shewillbeloved on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:38 am

dnurse wrote:Hi Denise. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! :)
Teach us to sit still."
-T.S. Eliot
shewillbeloved
Koontz Fan

Postby WhiteWolf on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:14 am

Hi Denise. Welcome to the DKC. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask (in threads or PMs). There are a lot of friendly folks around here. It's kind of a prevailing trait among Koontz fans.

It's crazy that your first Koontz book was THE FUNHOUSE, I don't think I've heard that one before. It usually ranks pretty low for fans who have read all of the books (including me), so I guess we would say things have been going uphill from the start, which isn't a bad way to do it at all.

It's great to have some SoCal representation around here. I also started reading Koontz when I was a lot younger (around 11 years old or so), and haven't stopped now more than 60 novels later.

I hope you enjoy your time here and stop in regularly!

--WW
:coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock:
WhiteWolf
Climate Change Denier
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 8

Postby shewillbeloved on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:52 am

WhiteWolf wrote:Hi Denise. Welcome to the DKC. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask (in threads or PMs). There are a lot of friendly folks around here. It's kind of a prevailing trait among Koontz fans.

It's crazy that your first Koontz book was THE FUNHOUSE, I don't think I've heard that one before. It usually ranks pretty low for fans who have read all of the books (including me), so I guess we would say things have been going uphill from the start, which isn't a bad way to do it at all.

It's great to have some SoCal representation around here. I also started reading Koontz when I was a lot younger (around 11 years old or so), and haven't stopped now more than 60 novels later.

I hope you enjoy your time here and stop in regularly!

--WW

Hi, thank you for the welcome! :)

I know, I think it's crazy too. What happened was, my English teacher (I think I was a sophomore or junior, so I was 15/16 - I had her three years in a row, so I don't remember which year it was except I know it was before senior year - lol) had a shelf of books for our free reading period. I needed a new book to read, so I picked up The Funhouse off the shelf because it sounded scary and my favorite genre has always been a good thriller. Since I was the same age as the protagonist (Amy?) I was sucked right in and couldn't put it down. It was a scary page turner. After that, I read whatever Koontz I could get my hands on. Now a little bit more mature (I'm 29 now), in hindsight I definitely view it as one of his "lesser" works, but I still have a special fondness for it since it was the first one I read. :) And it's definitely been uphill since then, lol!

I am actually spending the weekend in Newport Beach about three weeks from now. (I live about an hours drive from there) Sure wish I could have a dinner with Dean while I'm in his town! Lol. I could only hope. ;) it does add something special to reading his books when they're set in an area I'm familiar with.

Thanks again for the welcome!
Teach us to sit still."
-T.S. Eliot
shewillbeloved
Koontz Fan

Postby Schrijvertje on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Denise! Welcome!

And please, can I love you? Only you just listed all my favorite Koontz books as your own, and not only that, but pretty much in the same order as well, with "Life Expectancy" on top! The only difference is that I put FTCOHE between "Relentless" and the Snow books.
"There's a difference between knowing you are, and simply being."

Last read: "In A World Just Right" by Jen Brooks
Now reading: "Flesh and Blood" by Patricia Cornwell (0%)
Next up: "The Whispering skull" by Jonathan Stroud
Schrijvertje
Koontz-phile

Highscores: 1
Medals: 8
Koontz News Post 3rd Degree (1) Koontz News Post 2nd Degree (1) Koontz News Post 1st Degree (1)
Koontz Link Post 2nd Degree (1) 1st Posted Title (1) 1st Posted Synopsis (2)
I've Read 'Em All! (1)

Postby shewillbeloved on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome! Lol, that's cool - we must have the same taste! :) Did I see in another thread you like Mr. Murder as well or was that someone else?

Schrijvertje wrote:Hi Denise! Welcome!
And please, can I love you? Only you just listed all my favorite Koontz books as your own, and not only that, but pretty much in the same order as well, with "Life Expectancy" on top! The only difference is that I put FTCOHE between "Relentless" and the Snow books.
Teach us to sit still."
-T.S. Eliot
shewillbeloved
Koontz Fan

Postby Schrijvertje on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Idk, there's not many Koontz books I don't like. "Mr Murder" is one of the first books of his I read, I think it came out when I started reading him. But I like many others better. I do like the Stillwater family.
"There's a difference between knowing you are, and simply being."

Last read: "In A World Just Right" by Jen Brooks
Now reading: "Flesh and Blood" by Patricia Cornwell (0%)
Next up: "The Whispering skull" by Jonathan Stroud
Schrijvertje
Koontz-phile

Highscores: 1
Medals: 8
Koontz News Post 3rd Degree (1) Koontz News Post 2nd Degree (1) Koontz News Post 1st Degree (1)
Koontz Link Post 2nd Degree (1) 1st Posted Title (1) 1st Posted Synopsis (2)
I've Read 'Em All! (1)

Next

Return to SEIZE THE FORUM