THE SILENT CORNER is being adapted for TV

--Message Board for all discussions about Dean Koontz, his books, and all Koontz-related material. Read Koontz Instead.

THE SILENT CORNER is being adapted for TV

Postby WhiteWolf on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:26 am

From The Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dean-koontzs-silent-corner-being-adapted-tv-986917

Paramount Television and Anonymous Content have optioned the book in advance of its June publication.

Best-selling author Dean Koontz's forthcoming book The Silent Corner is going to get the TV treatment.

Paramount Television and Anonymous Content have optioned the FBI drama ahead of its June publication by Bantam, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. A network is not yet attached.

The book revolves around FBI agent Jane Hawk, who after she starts to learn why people of talent and accomplishment who are happy and of sound mind are killing themselves for no apparent reason, becomes the most wanted fugitive in America. The powerful cabal she confronts is completely unprepared to stop a woman driven by a rage born of love who is as clever and courageous as its members are cold-blooded.

Koontz plans to write at least five more books featuring Jane Hawk, with Silent Corner being the first out.

Anonymous Content's Nicole Clemens, fresh off a long and successful run at FX, will exec produce alongside the company's Steve Golin. It's one of the first projects for Clemens, who is returning to her management and producing background after having overseen FX's drama and comedy slates.

Koontz, meanwhile, has sold more than 500 million books worldwide. Publisher Bantam is mounting an aggressive marketing campaign for The Silent Corner. He's repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners, InkWell Management and Frankfurt Kurnit.

Silent Corner marks the latest collaboration for Paramount TV and Anonymous Content. Their joint credits include Epix's Berlin Station, Netflix's 13 Reasons Why, Emma Stone and Jonah Hill Netflix series Maniac, directed by Cary Fukunaga (True Detective); as well as TNT's The Alienist, among others.

Should Silent Corner move to series, it would mark Koontz's latest TV show. He's also had several of his works adapted for the big screen (Demon Seed, The Passengers and the Watchers franchise, among others).
:coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock:
WhiteWolf
Climate Change Denier
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 8

Re: THE SILENT CORNER is being adapted for TV

Postby Schrijvertje on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:48 am

What is the Passengers franchise?
"There's a difference between knowing you are, and simply being."

Last read: "Hades" by Mark Z. Danielewski
Now reading: "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" by Robert Louis Stevenson (0%)
Next up: "Crimson Death" by Laurell K. Hamilton
Schrijvertje
Koontz-phile

Highscores: 1
Medals: 8
Koontz News Post 3rd Degree (1) Koontz News Post 2nd Degree (1) Koontz News Post 1st Degree (1)
Koontz Link Post 2nd Degree (1) 1st Posted Title (1) 1st Posted Synopsis (2)
I've Read 'Em All! (1)

Postby WhiteWolf on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:15 pm

I didn't catch that when I first read it. It must be a mistake. They probably should have written "THE SERVANTS OF TWILIGHT," since that and Odd Thomas are the only other major motion picture adaptations I can think of. The others were all made for TV. Or maybe THE FUNHOUSE.
:coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock: :coffee: :shamrock:
WhiteWolf
Climate Change Denier
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Schrijvertje on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:13 am

Did "Odd Thomas" ever get a big screen release in the US? I was so glad we got a DVD release over here, at least.
"There's a difference between knowing you are, and simply being."

Last read: "Hades" by Mark Z. Danielewski
Now reading: "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" by Robert Louis Stevenson (0%)
Next up: "Crimson Death" by Laurell K. Hamilton
Schrijvertje
Koontz-phile

Highscores: 1
Medals: 8
Koontz News Post 3rd Degree (1) Koontz News Post 2nd Degree (1) Koontz News Post 1st Degree (1)
Koontz Link Post 2nd Degree (1) 1st Posted Title (1) 1st Posted Synopsis (2)
I've Read 'Em All! (1)

Postby WhiteWolf on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:19 am

If it did, it was one of those very small, select theater releases. For the most part it was straight to DVD, which is unfortunate, because it was very good. I don't think the movie studio ever understood Odd Thomas. Is the movie horror, or comedy, or what? And what's with this character? He doesn't curse or kill people on a whim, he doesn't sanctimoniously proselytize about Hollywood-friendly causes, and he's a white male lower middle-class fry cook? Who the hell wants to watch a movie about him? Well, lots of us. But Hollywood studios are staffed and administered by dingbat halfwits.

As far as I can tell, it has enjoyed a lot of popularity on Netflix since being added to the streaming lineup, which amounts to the same thing as a cult hit on VHS all those years ago. Score one for the fry cooks.
WhiteWolf
Climate Change Denier
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WhiteWolf on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Here's an interesting bit of info from Deadline.com: http://deadline.com/2017/01/dean-koontz-brillstein-entertainment-partners-inkwell-management-1201879346/

It looks like Koontz has signed with new representation with an eye toward getting more of his novels adapted to film and TV. Presumably this is to correct many of the problems of past adaptations. It's not like he needs the exposure or the money, but it would be nice to see more quality adaptations to his better books, in the vein of ODD THOMAS, but with better theatrical releases.

I'm starting to think this thread belongs in the movie forum. If only I can remember how to move it...
WhiteWolf
Climate Change Denier
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to THE GREAT GUY